On Saturday, August 10th from 4:00 - 8:00 pm, Japantown will be throwing its own party — the Third Annual Japanese-style street festival Nihonmachi Nite. The festivities, mostly centered at South Main and 6th Avenue South in the ID, will provide a wide array of terrific things to see, do and eat.
- for a little history, take the “Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet” walking tour. The Wing Luke is offering an amazing deal: $5! Normally this tour is $17.95.
- enter your kiddo in the kimono and yukata costume contest
- enjoy live music by Kimo Muraki, DJ Initial P and others
- lots of games for the little ones
- experience a bit of tradition and watch volunteers parading a Mikoshi (a portable Shinto shrine) through the ID
- watch the Shi Shi Mai (Japanese Lion Dance)
- check out athletic kendo demonstrations
- taiko drummers creating stirring beats
- sweet treats from Umai-Do and Shabu Chic
- scrumptious snacks from Umamai Kushi, Mighty Ramen, Uwajimaya and more
- SPAM MUSUBI!!
|Spam-O-Rama = party in your mouth|
YES! In addition to all of the Nihonmachi Nite fun, it is time for Momo’s Third Annual Spam-O-Rama! Delicious, salty, comforting, spam musubi is one of the iconic go-to foods in Momo Mama Lei Ann’s native Hawaii. Enter your own take on this culinary delight! Momo is still accepting contestants. How creative and tasty is your musubi? Come down and show off your skills! Call or email us to sign up (206. 329.4736) or email@example.com